To bring transparency, streamlining in the services & putting checks on corruption, Suwidha Centre Jalandhar has started this service for the citizens. For Registration of vehicles purchased by applicant, he or his nominee should bring original documents dully filled application forms and vehicles to the Suwidha Centre. Suwidha Centre employee traces the Chassis No. & Engine No. Of the Vehicle, checks the documents, file and get it corrected wherever it requires. Detail information regarding Fancy Numbers, Allocated Numbers and Available Numbers are provided to applicant. In case the applicant desires to take a particular Fancy Number or Choice Number, then Suwidha Centre guides him to mark that number from District Transport Officer. Then the same number is reserved for him.
These are given below -
1. Form No. 20. (application form)
2. Form No. 21 ( Sale letter original copy given by dealer).
3. Form No.22 form ( Pollution form original copy given by dealer).
4 Temporary Certificate (original or attested copy).
5. Invoice Letter or Bill of the vehicle (original or attested copy).
6 Bank challan (Form No. 32 ) . In which the Tax of the vehicle is filled and submitted in the State Bank of India main branch near sky lark hotel.
7. Insurance of the vehicle (Attested copy).
8. Residence Proof.(Documents may be attached in support of residence proof are given below-:
Ration Card, Driving License, LIC Policy, Voter Identity Card, Bill of
Electricity, Bill of water, Ex-serviceman Identity Card, Telephone Bill only
of Govt. enterprises.
Note-: For Residence Proof if a photo copy is attached then, it should be dully attested by a Gazetted officer competent authority.
9. NCRB Report (National Crime Report Bureau) for those applicants who
have been purchased the vehicle from other State or District. And NCRB Report is also required for those applicants who have not been registered the vehicle within six months. This Report can be received from the office of S.S.P. (Senior Superintendent of Police) Ludhiana, Chandigarh and Bhathinda.
10. An affidavit (For four wheeler or LMV above 5 seats only).